Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro should be exciting, rewarding, and a life changing experience, but it all comes down to the type of tour you book, the route you choose, and the climbing company you decide on for your journey to the Roof of Africa.
There are endless companies in Tanzania, the UK and the USA that offer Kilimanjaro climbs, and whether you are travelling alone, with a partner, or as part of a group, a private tour will give you the freedom and flexibility to travel when you want and how you want.
We were surprised to learn that many, if not most, respectable Kilimanjaro climbing companies offer private tours for groups of all sizes (including single climbers), and if you are travelling in a group of two or more, a private climb can cost much the same as a large scheduled departure tour.
There are many benefits of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro on a private tour, here are just a few to help you decide if a private tour is right for you:
- Kilimanjaro private tours can start on any day of the week, 365 days of the year, so you never have to worry about changing your holidays or arranging specific dates off work.
- When you climb Kilimanjaro as part of a private group, you can take as many breaks as you need throughout the day, without worrying about holding up other members of the group.
- If you take a private tour, you can use the opportunity to raise funds for your favourite charity. Simply contact your charity, let them know what you intend to do, and ask you friends and family to donate directly. This works out much cheaper than the official Kilimanjaro charity climbs you will find on the internet, and you are still raising money for a good cause.
- On a private Kilimanjaro tour, you will have the opportunity to spend plenty of time with your mountain crew and learn about their culture and their way of life.
- Whether you are with a partner or with a group of friends, a private tour of Mount Kilimanjaro allows you to share this once in a lifetime experience with those closest to you, and that makes it even more special!