What is your 2018 New Year’s Resolution going to be? If you haven’t decided yet, you have just 10 days left to work on a list of possibilities, and with Christmas and New Year’s Eve to keep you occupied between now and 1st January, it might be a good idea to make your decision now, before all your good intentions go out the window!
If 2018 is going to be the year that you finally tick ‘Climb Kilimanjaro’ off your Bucket List, now is the perfect time to start planning your trip. If you secure your expedition before the end of December, you could get a 2018 climb at 2017 rates, and by booking at least 3 months in advance, you’ll have plenty of time to train and prepare for your expedition to the Roof of Africa.
Climbing Kilimanjaro is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, and there are no words to describe what it feels like when you stand at Uhuru Peak, but things are changing on Africa’s highest mountain, and if you want to conquer it while it still has a snow-capped peak, there are 18 Reasons Why You Should take a Private Kilimanjaro Tour in 2018…
- The glaciers. Mr. Trump may believe that global warming isn’t an issue, but he clearly hasn’t been to Tanzania in recent years. Kilimanjaro’s glaciers are melting at an alarming rate, and many scientists believe they could be gone completely in 15-years. Go see them now!
- To get fit. Once you have booked your Kilimanjaro Expedition, you’ll have no choice but to get fit and train for the challenge ahead.
- To support the Tanzanian Economy. If you book your climb with a KPAP registered Kilimanjaro climbing company, you will help support the people of Tanzania – and they need your help.
- It’s still affordable. Will it be in 5 years? Who knows!
- Mount Kilimanjaro is one of the Seven Summits. That is reason enough on its own!
- It’s easy. Okay, I’m lying, it’s not easy, but it is doable if you prepare mentally and physically for the challenge ahead.
- It’s not technical. Kilimanjaro is one of just a few major summits that you can climb without the use of ropes and crampons.
- You can climb on your own, with a partner, or in a group. Got no-one to climb with? No problem! Book a private solo expedition, and enjoy a Kilimanjaro expedition tailor-made just for you!
- You’ll become a storyteller. Many conversations will start with, “when I climbed Kilimanjaro…”
- Bragging rights: Tell someone you climbed Kilimanjaro and watch their face – it’s priceless.
- Raise money for a worthy cause. Many people choose to climb Kilimanjaro for charity that they are passionate about. There’s no reason why you can’t do the same.
- Personal accomplishment. I think this one is self-explanatory!
- To celebrate something. Whether you a celebrating a milestone birthday, an anniversary, a new job, or dare we say it, a divorce, Kilimanjaro is the perfect place to celebrate.
- It’s a great way to bond. Many corporate groups climb Kilimanjaro as a Team Building experience. If you’d like to improve your working environment, this could be the perfect way to do it.
- You’ll make new friends. We are not talking about other climbers here, we’re talking about your Tanzanian porters and guides.
- You’ll get a new perspective on life: Tanzania is a developing country, and what you see here will make you realise how fortunate you really are – it puts things into perspective.
- You’ll learn about yourself. More than you could ever know…
- The photo at Uhuru Peak. You may not remember the exact moment you made it to Uhuru Peak (especially if you suffered with the altitude), but every time you look at your summit photos, you’ll remember your holiday of a lifetime!
Why not book your Private Kilimanjaro Expedition today! Go on, treat yourself… it is Christmas after all!