Why Choose Equatours for Your Kilimanjaro Expedition?
When it comes to choosing the right climbing company for your Kilimanjaro Expedition, we know that there are plenty of options to choose from, but while all companies claim to be the best, many fall short in terms of value for money and support of the local communities in Tanzania.
At Equatours, we are committed to both our customers and the communities in which we promote. When comparing our Kilimanjaro Climbing rates with other companies, please bear in mind that our rates are fully inclusive, and that there are no hidden extras. Here are some other reasons why we think you should choose Equatours for your expedition:
* Equatours is a family run business specialising in tailor made trips below the equator. We have been promoting Kilimanjaro Tours for 4 years, and the Equatours Team have climbed the mountain several times to ensure we can offer our guests the very best in terms of service and support in the lead up to, and during, their expedition. Our Kilimanjaro Machame Route climbs are recommended in Henry Stedman’s guidebook for offering good value.
* We are proud members of KPAP (Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project), and every member of our Mountain Crew receives a fair wage, plenty of food, and adequate clothing for each expedition. This is one of the things that makes us stand out against budget operators. During our recent expedition (September 2015), we collected over 100kg of clothing and gifts for our porters. You can read more about it here in our newsletter: http://www.eepurl.com/bCXomn
* We are one of just a few Kilimanjaro Climbing Companies to use Kosovo Special Use Camp, which is situated approximately 200 metres higher than Barafu Camp, the last camp before the summit on most routes. With a higher elevation, our summit nights are shorter than most other companies, and as such, our success rates are very high. To date, all of our routes have a success rate of over 95%.
* For groups of 20 and more, at least one member of the Equatours Team will personally escort you on the mountain (along with our Tanzanian mountain crew). We will be onsite when you arrive in Tanzania to make sure everything runs smoothly, and we will be with you every step of the way on the Mountain to make sure you get the most out of your expedition. We will also prove a Q&A evening at the location of your choice before departure, so that we can answer your questions in person.
* We provide all our guests with packing guides and training recommendations based on our own personal experiences. We’ve ‘been there and done that’ several times, and so we have the experience that many others just do not have.
* Our flight inclusive Kilimanjaro Expeditions are ATOL Protected